Monday, March 24, 2008

art by issac

Zach and Shanna brought over some awesome artwork given to them by their nephew, Issac. Here's one of Issac at their wedding last month:

I LOVE children's artwork, so much so that I am only a few weeks away from being certified to teach it. So I get excited anytime I see something like this:


It is Issac's portrait of the band (and Shanna and I). Issac's mommy wrote out who everyone was. "Um-Z" is Zach, Issac's uncle. I like that I have "stick up hair"- haha!


I hope that when I have kids I'm able to make a collection of their artwork- it is such a unique and priceless thing! One of my favorite quotes is by Pablo Picasso:

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one once he grows up."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can see who he put the most detail into...the DRUMMER!! Jay told him that he could be a drummer but that he had to play the piano, too. :)
He was pretty proud of your hair and Shanna's veil.
Thanks for posting this...too cute!
Amy