Thursday, August 7, 2008

bethany + chris

This is a very personal post for me, as I was very close to almost everyone involved in Chris and Bethany's wedding. I grew up across the street from Bethany and her family was (and still is) like my 2nd family. Chris, of course, is in Shawn's band and I've enjoyed actually getting to know him since we graduated high school together.

I never would have imagined that these two would be married one day, but it was so awesome to get to experience God shaping their relationship up until this day. Shanna second shot for me, and we had a great time capturing everything.

There are quite a few images in this post, but they're worth it! Enjoy!

Yes I know, she is absolutely gorgeous...

Blog-0869

When I saw this giraffe, I couldn't help myself! Haha. Check out Chris's white ceramic ring- pretty cool!

Blog-0690

Blog-0895

One of my faves of Shanna's shots:

Blog-0172

They chose to see each other before the ceremony, which was so neat. Not only did it allow a whole lot more time (and therefore creativity) for portraits, they were able to have a moment alone together, something which is important on the day you marry someone!
Blog-0975

He cried, and it was precious.

Blog-0332

We took the bridal party over to this old white house nearby the church, and although I loved the color image, I just couldn't get over this old vintage style.

Blog-1011

Blog-1019

I don't always get to shoot images like this! Here's my tribute to everything 80's, including the Vans that the guys are wearing:
Blog-1027

Blog-1030

Beautiful ladies!

Blog-1070

Blog-1087

Maybe my favorite portrait of the two of them:
Blog-1103

Blog-1157

Lisa (BB's mom) praying over her right before the ceremony.

Blog-1401

Blog-1394

Some ceremony details:

DSC_0706

Blog-1472

Blog-1509

After the ceremony, Chris and Bethany had a suprise for her mom. In this image she's reading a note from her husband asking her to renew their wedding vows. BB handed her mom the bouquet and sent her down the aisle!

Blog-1613

Blog-1632

How cool is this?!?

Blog-0848

The reception had so many neat and personal touches to it-
DSC_1752

Check out the candy bar!

Blog-1727

Father/Daughter dance:

DSC_1842

And the Mother/Son was not your traditional dance- very Chris!

Blog-1875

Mariana caught the bouquet- we call her our Brazilian sister. Mari has lived with my parents off and on over the past few years and she is one awesome volleyball player!
Blog-2152

Blog-2157

DSC_1917

Blog-2230

Chris and BB- you guys are awesome, and I am so blessed to have both of you in my life! I can't wait to see where God takes you. Have fun in Jamaica!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lissa thanks for posting these pictures! It was such a bummer to not be able to make it to the wedding but these shots really helped me picture how great everything was! All of these are great!!!

Kristen said...

oh lissa....
of course i knew they would be spectacular. but these are just BEYOND perfect. UNREAL!!!
I cant wait to see the rest of them!
you are so talented and i cant wait to see what's in store for you!
Kristen

lauren clark said...

wow!! These are great!

TheShermanFam said...

GEEZ!! I can't believe I just cried looking at these...the look on Lisa's face just GOT ME!
UH-mazing as always!