Friday, August 29, 2008

seeing with my heart

I know that regardless of my circumstances, I will always be found in God's hands and His loving care, and that He has already overcome any obstacles I may face- big or small.

One of my biggest fears has always been going blind. I saw this video today and it broke my heart. I closed my eyes for a few minutes and just sat and thought.

What would be different about my life if I could not see?
Would I know the beauty of people and nature and all the things God created?
Would I actually trust God more, knowing that He is my sight?
And furthermore, why isn't He already my sight?

I've always believed that part of my calling was to capture and reflect the beauty that God created in our world. That translates quite literally into my profession as a photographer.

But now I'm challenged to move past my fears and see with my heart, not just my eyes. It's all about perspective- to see things the way God sees.

I encourage you to take a minute to just watch this and see how you react. I didn't expect to feel unusually challenged by it- but that's just the way God likes to work!


No comments: