Monday, December 8, 2008

kristen, kay and teresa

This photoshoot was especially unique for me. My good friend, Kristen, contacted me a while back asking if I was up for a shoot with herself and her two mothers- her adopted Mom, Kay, and her biological Mom, Teresa. Of course, I was excited about the concept and getting to see them as well!

These three have such unique relationships and amazing stories between them- when Kristen was in college, she decided it was time to seek out her biological mother. Kay was encouraging and helpful, and after a long process, they discovered that Teresa was living only about an hour away from where Kristen grew up! They've developed a close relationship, and watching them all together was pretty incredible.

There were so many of my favorites, but here are the first few I snagged for the blog:

DSC_6761

DSC_6943

DSC_6980

Now we know where Kristen got her height!

7064bw

Kristen gets total credit for this one- she spotted some awesome light on a colorful wall and we had to do it!

DSC_7103

I spy a little mischief in those eyes!

DSC_7134

DSC_7263

More posts to come today!

4 comments:

amy wright said...

Oh, this is so neat. Congrats, Kristen, for finding your biological mom!!! The pictures are all so beautiful.

Becky Dietz said...

Wow! What an awesome story. And you know what? The 2 moms look like the could be sisters. I think they should write a book!! (with your photos included, of course!!)

Anonymous said...

Oh Lissa, we LOVE them! They are perfect! I cant wait to get home and look at them all! Thank you SO much!

Kristen

Anonymous said...

I love these pics and knowing the story behind them just makes them even better! You know I am waiting for the book or at least a video testimony I can show at a banquet:) Kay, I love you my friend!