Monday, October 20, 2008

clay + bandi

My conversation with Bandi on Friday, the day before their engagement session, went something like this:

Bandi: "We’ve got a possible problem. RAIN! The weather forecast (as of right now) is predicting rain tomorrow afternoon. Do we need to come up with an “if-its-raining-at-4:00” back up plan?"

Me: "I was afraid of that. We will just have to play it by ear, and IF it is raining at 4:00, we can have a backup date to shoot. Do you have any dates in mind, just in case? We may also just need to bring an umbrella and have some fun rain images!"

And this is how she responded: "I say we plan on Saturday no matter what. If it starts raining, some rain pictures will be fun!"

This is why she and her fiance Clay are AWESOME!

We literally shot this session IN. THE. RAIN.

I wish I would have taken a picture of my camera set-up...I had an uber-fancy rain guard for my camera that consisted of a plastic Wal-Mart sack and a rubber band! Ha!

And there's no way I would have been able to shoot were it not for my wonderful assistant/husband, Shawn.

Just wanted to give you a little background on the images to follow. We really enjoyed getting to hang out with Bandi and Clay and they were such troopers!

We pulled up to the first location, which is near Wonderland Park in Amarillo, and realized the gate to the park was open! Who can resist an empty theme park? Not us!

DSC_3871-Edit

DSC_3912-Edit

DSC_3887-Edit

DSC_3996-Edit

Originally Bandi and I had talked about capturing those rich fall colors, so we had to head out and grab them!

DSC_4069-Edita

DSC_4123-Edit

DSC_4182-Edita

Possibly my favorite.

DSC_4233-Edit

DSC_4355-Editbw

DSC_4366-Editbw

10 Points to whoever can guess where this is!

DSC_4392-Edit

3 comments:

Becky Dietz said...

Love the sky where he's picking her up! The prize has to be better than "10 points" for me to guess.
Kudos, Shawn!!

Lindsey said...

Amarillo Globe News building??

Anonymous said...

Wow these are so cool